The longest nerve in our body is the sciatic nerve. It begins in the spine and stretches out to the ankle on both legs. It is a source of pain many times, often in older people. The sciatica pain can impact anyone. But, it is not pain every time it hurts. Sometimes it is numbness or quivering. It is related with that weak kneed sensation which people feel without any reason at all.
The sciatica pain is a result of prolapsed disk on our spine which presses the nerve. You can also contribute to its occurrence by sitting for too long, or sitting in uncomfortable position. Pregnant women often experience sciatica pain. It can occur as a result of carrying heavy loads, stress or tumor.
You can relieve the sciatica pain with few stretches. It may be impossible to implement 8 yoga exercises every morning before work. Instead you can relieve the pain if you lie down on your back, bending your knees and supporting them with a chair. Make sure your knees are bent. Use a pillow for your head and you can watch TV in this position for at least 15 minutes. But you can also solve this problem with the help of essential oils and herbs.
You can simply apply the essential oil topically on your skin. But, the essential oil will need a carrier oil like sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil. Massage the affected place with these oils. You can make a wrapping with warm clothes in order to relax your muscles better.
- Mustard Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Juniper Essential Oil
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- Pepper Essential Oil
- Nettle Tea
- Saffron Tea
- Celery juice or tea can be very helpful against sciatica pain
- Fresh lemon juice- apply it topically directly on the impacted area. This is very effective
- Fresh oregano or thyme can be good addition in your bathwater
- Any combination you desire can be good addition in your bathwater (10 drops if your skin is sensitive or 15 if you have normal skin). The combination of juniper and mustard or pepper is very effective. (Remember that the combination of pepper and juniper is better than the combination of mustard and juniper).